Hey there! I’m Clare and I have officially started my very own blog! This is the second blog I have ever contributed to. I started blogging about 2 years ago with my good friends from college. We started using a blog as a way to keep in touch with one another after college. It’s Tidbits From TwentySomethings and we post about all sorts of things…mostly our lives, but also recipes we’ve enjoyed, craft projects and our adventures. We’re fun, check it out!
I decided it was time to begin an independent blogging journey, and so The Ky Bluegrass Belle was born. I enjoy writing; one subject of my writing is through my everyday experiences: my life as a student, craft projects I attempt, my beau & I and our adventures (hey–that’s us in the photo above!), baking and cooking fun, my attempts at being a healthier me through recipes and exercise, and my little apartment (including decorating, storage and other little quirks of the space and town that I live in). But so you can get to know me a little better, here are a couple of items you might find interesting about me.
- I live in the Bluegrass. Here, cows and horses are grazing in every other field you drive by. We have southern accents (don’t you just love a southern drawl?). And we run into someone we know everywhere we go, and if you don’t run into someone you know, you’ll probably still be treated like you’re someone’s kin because Kentuckians are pretty darn friendly.
- Within the Bluegrass, I now live in a medium sized town, in a small apartment. I am from “God’s Country” as some people describe it (AKA in the middle of no-where). My parents still live where I grew up and I enjoy visiting home often. They have a beautiful farm with many animals and lots of space to roam.
- I attend graduate school for Occupational Therapy. It can be a real struggle at times to maintain studying and homework habits while also working, sleeping and maintaining sanity, but…I really love learning.
- I am addicted to Netflix. There, I admitted it.
- I LOVE taking photographs. I hope to be able to share those with you regularly.
- When I get time, I enjoy reading. Non-fiction, like how-to’s (crafting, cooking, decorating) and fiction too.
- Browsing Pinterest is one of my favorite pastimes.
- I love yard sales and thrift shopping…and finding bargains in general. Even grocery store shopping is alot of fun for me.
- I have a close group of friends, The Twenty-Somethings. They are great friends I met in college. We all live in the same vicinity (within about a 15 mile radius) so we enjoy each other’s company whenever possible. Chances are I’ll be writing about them, but I’ll probably just refer to them by their Twenty-Something blog pseudonyms.
- Coffee is an obsession. I love lattes, iced coffee, and just plain ol’ hot coffee with cream. Dunkin Donuts and local coffee shops are my favorite hangouts. I’ll do homework there, catch up with friends there, or just grab my drinks there.
Well, I think that explains a good amount about me for an introduction. Keep checking back and I’ll keep you entertained.
Goodnight for now.